Autumn is upon us (thank goodness) and the golden light, she is everywhere! We've ripped out a large portion of the summer garden and planted it out to garlic, and boy was the garlic ready for it - it popped straight out within a few days, little green points pushing through the soil surface quicker than I thought possible.
Something else exciting - we settled on our new home last week (you can get a peek on Instagram!). I'm so looking forward to the process of planning and physically building our little home, not to mention applying some good Permaculture planning and principles to the garden and other acres. Straight up, we have a couple of serious weed issues to deal with, and I'm keen to not turn to the conventional 'burn and spray' if it's at all possible...watch this space.
Where I've Been...
While I've been somewhat absent from this space lately, I have been popping up in a couple of other places. I was humbled and happy to speak with Koren, one half of the She Makes Magic sisters, about my journey from full time scientist to simple living advocate and Permaculture lover. You can listen to our chat by heading to the website - She Makes Magic - or listen right here below!
I was also welcomed into the family over at the beautiful site 'The HOP' as a seasonal contributor. I'm writing about Permaculture, how awesome it is and how to integrate it into your life. The first post is up - go check it out and let me know what you think! I'm so happy to be sharing about Permaculture with Judit's readers, it's reminding me exactly why I fell in love with it in the first place.
- This is a great article for those of you who, like me, are rather lazy when it comes to composting - throw out the rules and let nature do it's thing!
- "Doesn't matter if it's trendy or mainstream, eccentric or remarkable. Do what you want to do. Do it. Love it. Unapologetically." Eerrr, so much YES. I love this girl (FYI - she was interviewed on the She Makes Magic podcast too, listen here).
- A little bit more Permaculture Lovin' - I relistened to the podcast interviews Johanna did with Nick and Hannah recently and loved them all over again.
- I nodded aaalll the way through this podcast episode with Kelly and Brooke - they are both spot on when it comes to what a simple life is (hint, it's not necessarily easy). Keep an ear out for some of my words in there too.
- And, Clare agrees! It's totally ok to stop doing some things that don't make your life 'simple'.
Ok! That's me over and out for now - hope you enjoy some inspirational reading and listening.
See you back here next week with a brand new A Meaningful Garden post!